You just arrived to Cancun’s airport. But now, how to get to Playa del Carmen?
Between Taxi, Shared Taxi, Bus, Shuttle Bus or Rental Car, you are spoiled for choice!
Personally, i recommend to take the ADO buses.
Let me explain you the different options.
- Bus ADO ( 180 pesos / 9 us$ ) ( 75 minutes ) : Bus ADO leaves the airport every 30 minutes in high season, every 45 minutes to an hour during low season. Prices are fixed so you don’t have to negotiate.
- Taxi ( 800 pesos / 40 us$ ) ( 50 minutes ) ( 1 to 3 people ) : There is plenty of taxis waiting for you at the airport. You should negotiate prices before getting into the taxi to avoid them to charge you more than they should.
- Shared Taxi ( 1400 pesos / 70 us$ ) ( 60 minutes ) ( 4 to 8 people ) : Shared taxis are a great option if you are 3 people with a lot of luggages, or if you are 4 to 8 people. You can also pick this option if you want to pay a little bit less than regular taxi.
- Rental Car ( from 1000 pesos/day // from 50 us$/day ) : Plenty of choices to rent a car from : Hertz, Avis, Alamo, Thrifty, Goldcar, Europcar, Cancun Car, Cancun Limo, Mex, Tipoa, Ace or Budget.
- Most All Inclusive Hotels offers free transport from the airport to Playa del Carmen